Tuesday, September 24, 2013

we've been busy

The living room ceiling, it has been painted. And boy howdy does it look better! The room feels so bright, clean and fresh. Next up in there: trim. 
Original beige ceiling. Blech.

Newly painted white ceiling. Yay!

***
We painted the master bath vanity. It helped lighten up that part of the room A LOT and it was a test run on how easy/hard it will be to paint the kitchen cabinetry when it's time. Turns out it's not that hard. We used Valspar Kitchen and Bath in Rocky Bluffs; it's one shade darker than the wall color (Filtered Shade). I will say that for the first few days afterward, I was NOT on board. I don't know what my problem was, really, but it has grown on me and now I love it. There's still a lot we'd like to do in there, like replace the counter, retile and paint the water closet, and do something with the mirror.
This photo was in the listing for the house and is the only one I have as a before.

Here's the after in indirect sunlight from the water closet on the left. 
You'll notice we didn't paint the kick plate. Doing so would've involved pulling the carpet to get a clean line and then trying to put the carpet back without issue. No thank you. We'll tackle that (and all the trim) when we replace the carpet with hardwoods.


***
Our front door has undergone quite a transformation. It has a fancy new coat of Valspar Peek-a-Boo Blue AND new vinyl house numbers. It makes me ridiculously happy every time we come and go. I also painted the light fixture and railings with brushed nickel spray paint to coordinate with the door hardware and mailbox.

Shortly after moving in. Yuck.

We replaced the door about a year ago. Much better.
Bam!




No comments:

Post a Comment