Wednesday, July 3, 2013

when you know, you know

My entire world and focus shifted.

The trajectory of my life was forever changed.

Brian and I met five years ago today. Neither of us planned on being at the event, but we were. When I saw him across the plaza, everything and everyone else just faded away. I had to meet him. I had to know him.

We talked for two straight hours before exchanging numbers. I loved his smile and wanted to hear more of his laugh. The way my name sounded when he said it felt like home.

I was 98% sure he was My One later that day when we met for drinks. On our third date - two weeks later - I knew, without a doubt, he was My One and we would be together.

He makes me happier than I've ever been; I am the best version of myself when we're together. Our lives are so different from what they were five years ago, but we wouldn't change a thing.

Brian, thanks for letting me ask you about the bomb suit. I love you.

1 comment: